Translate

Servant Attitude

I have noticed how people in Myanmar seem always to be watching out for each other. When I got out of the taxi yesterday a young man came to ask if he could carry my bag for me. Henry tells me that this is a matter of respect and that it is a good idea to allow them to do this for me.

One of the Bible school students waited with a bowl of rice at our table watching to see that everyone had sufficient and as soon as the quantity of rice on the plate diminished, she came over with more.


As we were eating, people at the table watched what was on your plate. If the meat or other extras was low, they would simply put more on your plate without even asking.

They seem to be focused on the needs of others. They seem to have a servant heart. This is something we can learn from them in a culture that is very focused on the individual.